Thursday 26 June 2014

Through the door

....and up the steps!

I might just have mentioned that I'm getting married next month, my dress is fitted and can't be made very much smaller. It's not a good time for me to lose weight after all it's been creeping on for such a long time it wouldn't really hurt to wait would it? Well in my case yes it would! I needed to get myself through that door and see what all the fuss was about and if it really was as simple as Mr and Mrs Nogbad promised that it would be.

So on the final May bank holiday of 2014 I sauntered along in the evening sunshine, took a deep breath, pulled open the door ( in hindsight a mistake as it needs a push) and made my way to Slimming World.

With my usual organisational prowess, I managed to miss the New Member Talk, Claire (lovely consultant who was bubbly and smiling even though she was poorly and I was late) suggested I came back the following week but I knew it was now or never so assured her that Mr & Mrs NB would help me out and over I toddled to get weighed..... Yes! In public.... sort of!

I found out that every meeting has a group session, I imagine it's a lot like an AA meeting.... but more fun! It was at that very first meeting that it suddenly all fell into place for me! All those years of various diets, plans, crazy schemes that didn't work or were simply there to find cheats for - and there it was in  front of me, it was so simple! Eat proper food, cook it without adding lots of fatty rubbish, have the nice stuff but don't gorge on it and move a bit more! No counting calories, no working out points, no banned foods - what could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment