Tuesday 8 July 2014

It works!

It's six weeks since I joined Slimming World ~ I'm now 7.5 pounds down and haven't felt deprived or hungry at all. It could have been a bigger loss but I'm having to eat more than I'd really like to so that my wedding dress stays where it should! Mrs Nogbad suggested wine and doughnuts to slow the progress but Claire (Lovely Slimming World Consultant) had some healthier options! It feels odd trying not to lose weight after joining a slimming group but for the sanity of everyone attending the wedding that's the way it has to be.....for at least the next 2.5 weeks <<eek>>

So what's it all about then? 
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin.....

I heard someone recently  say that if it comes in a box you probably shouldn't be eating it. It's a bit of an overgeneralisation -Linda McCartney's Rosemary and Onion sausages come in a box after all, but they had a point! The more processed the food, the more likely it is to have added fillers, added sugars, added water and let's just not get into what might or might not be in processed meat and fish! Slimming World's Extra Easy plan isn't a traditional "diet plan" it's just a way of eating more healthily for ever. Nothing is banned but it's all about making good choices: so have a piece of birthday cake and enjoy it..... Just don't have three! If you're really craving chocolate (more about girl hormones another time) then choose to have chocolate but make it a fudge, a curly wurly or a Freddo rather than a family bar of Fruit n Nut << to share? Hahahahahaha! >>

I actually really enjoy cooking from scratch, I wish I had more time and an unlimited budget but on the whole I enjoy cooking. What I really dislike is the incessant "what shall we have for tea tonight" problem. Joining Slimming World has given me access to lots of tried, tested and tasty recipes, they've all been filling, scrumptious and not like any other "diet". There are six of us and the recipes are for four so I've been doubling everything up and there's usually enough left over to freeze for lunches for myself and the Minions (I'm a Registered Childminder and I've found that the small people I share my day with are also really enjoying Slimming World recipes). 

There is so much choice! Lean meat, fruit, vegetables, rice, pasta, potatoes, yoghurt (some are free to eat and some you have to count but plenty of variety). 

Go and read Mr Nogbad's blog for more info about all of this - he's a Slimming World Guru and says it so much better than I could. He's now nearly at target and his VSO has been there for 12 months. That is where I want to be by next summer! "I can and I will" (said a Little Red Engine, once upon a very long time ago).

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can and yes I'm sure you will! :) (I'm not sure I count as a "guru" as I just look it all up in the app/on the web but thank you for the compliment :)).

    ReplyDelete