Sunday 15 June 2014

The inspiration for it all

I guess I'd decided that losing weight was too much of a tall (heavy? Wide?) order! Yes, I really longed  to be slim again but like I might have mentioned; I'm 45, my hormones are against me, my metabolism works at snail speed and I like eating nice things! 

I have a good friend, we'll call her Mrs Nogbad as it makes me laugh! Around 18 months ago Mrs N would have been about the same height, build and weight as me. We both live with our Very Significant Others and three children; mine are a little older but then, so am I! We both work with small children and we both like eating nice food and drinking nice things.

Mrs Nogbad told me one day that she'd signed up to the local Slimming World group, I wished her well, remembered something about red days and green days and assumed she'd go for a little while and fall by the wayside like I had done so many times before. 

And so it began, Mrs N began to shrink! Little by little, bit by bit there was less of her every time we met! We met quite a lot as our Very Significant Others share a love of guitaring and singing. Each time we met there was food - lots of lovely, tasty, filling food.... there was also wine; and still she shrunk! After not very long at all Mrs N was slim and svelte and giving away all of her clothes as they now resembled small tents - and that is the way that she has stayed for around the last 12 months.

Mrs N first inspired her VSO who also signed up to Slimming World and shrunk at an astonishing rate (You can find his blog here: Nogbad's Blog), they both inspired me and I needed to know their secret.

I decided that if Mr and Mrs Nogbad could do it then so could I.... it's really not a good time! I'm getting married at the end of July and have been warned that if I lose much weight my dress may fall off - but I'm a bit of a "once something is in my head I have to do it" kind of girl. So it came to pass that I found myself, on a warm bank holiday Monday, following the signs and climbing the steps to our local Slimming World group.....which oddly turned out to be more like coming home than venturing into the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs N and I are very pleased to have been your inspiration! (and yes....if we can do it, anybody can)! :)

    ReplyDelete